MG+M’s interest in government affairs stems from a long-standing desire to serve our greater community, coupled with a strong background in counseling and litigation for a variety of units of local government and other entities. Our Government Affairs team understands the motivations of and interactions between legislators and regulators at all levels of government. Our attorneys offer high-level advocacy and policy development services to clients seeking government relations, crisis management, media relations, administrative law advocacy, and more.
We have served as general counsel and litigation counsel for local cities, related entities, villages, and electoral boards for over 30 years. Our attorneys have extensive experience in education law and related matters, having represented several school districts. We have the knowledge that is needed to solve our clients’ governmental issues.
Our experience includes (but is not limited to):
- Representation of individual school districts
- School-related and education claims for a major insurer
- Villages and cities
- Acting as Municipal Attorney for several municipalities throughout southern Illinois
- Drafting legislation
- Advising elected officials
- Acting as General Counsel for a local election authority
- Acting as General Counsel for a municipal nonprofit organization
- Acting as Counsel to a variety of local government boards and commissions