MG+M The Law Firm Partner Bernadette Catalana is a featured guest on the National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) podcast, NAWLTalks. She joins Redgrave Partner Erica Zolner to discuss career success, balance, mentoring and leadership in the legal profession.
Bernadette and Erica are both involved with NAWL and have served together on the organization’s annual meeting leadership committee for the last two years.
Both in conjunction with her legal career and in her personal life, Bernadette is an active mentor, working with young lawyers to develop their skills and careers. She shares often about her mentoring experience on LinkedIn and through a CLE program she developed about leadership and mentoring that she leads regularly across the United States. Bernadette describes mentoring as her passion project and favorite topic to discuss, especially professionally.
During the episode, Bernadette and Erica discuss:
- How Bernadette became so passionate about mentoring
- Building community and helping keep women on the path to becoming lawyers
- The importance of delegation and knowing what to delegate
- Using our time well and working well with our teams
- Finding inspiration and increasing happiness in day-to-day life
“We work really hard—this is not an easy profession,” says Bernadette of her almost 30 years of experience in the legal profession. “I’m always glad to see my fellow lawyers be very generous with extending mentorship and help to one another.”