To Our Valued Clients and Business Partners:
MG+M continues to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, pursuant to the firm's crisis management protocols, MG+M is converting its workforce to remote status effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The firm has longstanding plans and extensive resources in place that allow it to seamlessly operate remotely without interruption for as long as necessary.
MG+M's first priority is the health and safety of our employees, clients and business partners. In that regard, each of our attorneys, paralegals and administrative staff will work remotely to properly handle all day-to-day business and operations. We have procedures in place for all firm functions, including the receipt of mail whether electronic or paper, and meeting all appearance, filing, notice, and calendaring requirements. Additionally, our phone system permits each of our attorneys and paralegals to access any incoming calls from their mobile phones. Finally, our financial staff has protocols in place to respond to all billing inquiries from our clients and business partners. We also have plans in place for performing conflict checks and the opening of new matters for new and existing clients.
In response to the evolving pandemic we also offer you the following:
- We have established a COVID-19 Leadership Team consisting of the five members of the Firm's Executive Committee as well as our Administrative Directors overseeing Human Resources, Finance, IT and Operations.
- Until further notice, we have canceled all non-essential business and interoffice travel, and we have recommended that our lawyers forgo in person meetings while simultaneously focusing on steadfastly protecting our clients' interests.
- We have canceled all employee events and have provided guidelines to all on personal hygiene, social distancing, and taking any and all necessary precautions to remain safe.
- We continue to monitor the latest guidance from WHO, the federal government, the state and local governments associated with each of our 14 offices, and all guidance provided by the CDC, and we are making specific office and firm-wide workplace decisions focused on the safety of our employees, our clients and our business partners.
- Last week, we conducted a successful stress test of our IT infrastructure to ensure the continued uninterrupted operation of our firm, as well as the security of all electronic files and communications in anticipation of this decision.
MG+M is optimally positioned to operate remotely without interruption, so that we may continue to protect the interests of our valued clients. As the impact of COVID-19 evolves, we will continually adapt thus maintaining best business practices associated with the efficient operation of a national law firm. In this regard, to the extent that an emergency arises and for some unforeseen reason you are unable to reach the partner in charge of your matter, we ask that you contact our Executive Director, Silvio Talarico, on his mobile phone at (570) 592-5113 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to assisting our clients in this time of uncertainty, and we are grateful for your confidence in MG+M.
Very truly yours,
Amaryah Bocchino, Managing Partner
John B. Manning, Chairman
MG+M The Law Firm (Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP)