- Pro Bono Engagements: MG+M actively serves traditionally underserved or underrepresented groups through the firm’s pro bono efforts, volunteering, fundraising, and financial sponsorships. To learn more about our pro bono and outreach efforts, or to recommend a pro bono initiative, please click on the Pro Bono tab above. You may also contact the firm’s Diversity and Pro Bono Manager or any member of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Belonging Partner Committee.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Belonging Roundtable: The MG+M Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Belonging Roundtable provides a forum for all MG+M employees to share their varied perspectives on the issues and challenges related to the firm’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging goals and principles. This ensures a meaningful opportunity for all employees and staff to be heard, as well as a broadening our collective understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. The committee also affords a platform to interact with the organizations and communities served by the firm, providing an outward focus for MG+M’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts.
- Women’s Forum: The MG+M Women’s Forum seeks to promote the advancement of all MG+M women, and by doing so the practice of law, by supporting their personal empowerment and professional development. The forum encourages and advocates for civic and charitable engagement that enhances the lives of women in the communities we serve. For example, MG+M coordinated a fundraiser involving women attorneys from both sides of the asbestos litigation aisle. Taking place in San Francisco, the site of the annual Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference, they packed comfort bags and raised more than $10,000 for the Raphael House, whose mission it is to support low-income and homeless families.
- Law Firm Antiracism Alliance: MG+M joined the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, partnering with over 125 other law firms across the country. The goal of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance is to leverage the resources of the private bar in partnership with legal services organizations to amplify the voices of communities and individuals oppressed by racism, to better use the law as a vehicle for change that benefits communities of color, and to promote racial equity in the law.
- Mansfield Certification: MG+M achieved Mansfield Certification Plus Status for 2022–2023 after completing Diversity Lab’s twelve-month certification process. The goal of the Mansfield Rule is to boost the representation of diverse lawyers, including women, lawyers of color, LGBTQ+ lawyers, and lawyers with disabilities by broadening the pool of candidates considered for and appointed to leadership and governance roles, equity partner promotions, formal client pitch opportunities, and senior lateral positions.
- Bar Associations Activities and Affinity Groups: Multiple MG+M attorneys have leadership roles in local bar associations and affinity groups across the country. The goal of MG+M attorneys’ involvement with these professional legal organizations is to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging activities in the broader legal community; to educate the public about critical issues in the justice system; and to promote excellence in the judiciary.
- The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD): MG+M has been an active member of LCLD for many years, joining more than 350 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners in working to build a more open and diverse legal profession. Since 2017, several MG+M attorneys have participated in LCLD programs such as the landmark Fellows Program which provides professional and personal development opportunities and leadership training for high-potential attorneys who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing diversity in the workplace throughout their careers. In 2021, the firm began participating in the Pathfinder Program designed for early-career associates, with the goal of providing practical tools for developing and leveraging their professional networks through relationship-building and foundational leadership skills. The firm is also participating in the 1L Summer Scholar Program by hosting a first-year law student who shares in MG+M’s commitment to diversity and sponsoring their attendance at the LCLD Annual Scholars Summit.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Belonging