MG+M Partner Jeanette Riggins and Raghu Bandlamudi will speak at the DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar. The seminar covers the biggest challenges and opportunities facing practitioners in asbestos litigation. Distinguished speakers will discuss timely topics and national trends, including how to best navigate fact discovery, expert discovery and trial, and skills to strengthen your defense of corporate representatives against new tactics.
Jeanette is a speaker on the panel “Defending the Indefensible Case: The Importance of Alternative Exposures.” This session will cover the importance of exploring and developing alternative exposures in cases that are seemingly indefensible and how to effectively assert the low-dose Chrysotile defense. Raghu will present on the panel “Diversity Initiative—The Asian American Lawyer” and will cover the experiences and challenges facing different minority groups in law. This panel aims to answer what it means to be an Asian American in a defense law firm.
This is an unparalleled opportunity for lawyers to forge connections during the various breakout sessions and to stay on top of the latest trends regarding asbestos litigation.
Other topics include:
- Update on Jurisdictions and Verdicts
- Voir Dire in a Post-COVID World
- Let’s Get Real: Why Jurors Award Damages
- Opening Statement—Demonstrate the Case Facts and How to Tell the Story
- The Impact of Asbestos Bankruptcies on the Tort System
- Expert Panel on Women and Mesothelioma
- State of the Art Relevant to Domestic / "Take Home" Exposures
- Taking the Offensive to Effectively Prepare and Present Your Corporate Representative at Deposition and in Trial
- Climate Change: Hot Topics in Ethics
- An Associate’s Role at Trial: What to Expect and How to Succeed
- How the Communication of Facts in the Litigation Impacts a Damages Analysis by the Client and the Insurer
- Exploring Artificial Intelligence in Litigation